Oxyler 10mg Tablets 30’s is a drug that treats moderate to severe pain in patients with cancer and post-operative pain.
Also, it treats severe pain requiring the use of a strong opioid.
For the treatment of moderate to severe pain in patients with cancer and post-operative pain. For the treatment of severe pain requiring the use of a strong opioid.
Adults over 18 years:
- OxyContin tablets should be taken at 12-hourly intervals. The dosage is dependent on the severity of the pain, and the patient’s previous history of analgesic requirements.
- OxyContin is not intended for use as a prn analgesic.
- Generally, the lowest effective dose for analgesia should be selected.
- Increasing severity of pain will require an increased dosage of :
- OxyContin tablets, using the different tablet strengths, either alone or in combination, to achieve pain relief.
- The correct dosage for any individual patient is that which controls the pain and is well tolerated for a full 12 hours. Patients should be titrated to pain relief unless unmanageable adverse drug reactions prevent this.
If higher doses are necessary, increases should be made in 25% – 50% increments. The need for escape medication more than twice a day indicates that the dosage of OxyContin tablets should be increased.